Compatibility message in Internet Explorer 8

Any issues pertaining to the Clones website

Compatibility message in Internet Explorer 8

Postby Bees » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:31 am

When logged into your website, I get compatibility view messages in internet explorer 8. Just thought you might wanted to know that :)
Bees
Clones Player

Re: Compatibility message in Internet Explorer 8

Postby tom » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:16 am

I assume that you are using IE9? I updated the site a few days ago, but I don't have IE9 to test it with. Can you verify that it's now fixed?
tom
Developer

Postby Bees » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 pm

I am using Internet Explorer 8 with Windows XP Professional SP3, compatibility view enabled (duh :) ). It also sometimes happens while typing a message over here and the bad thing about that is that the whole message disappears and I have to type it over once again...

Internet Explorer 9 can't be installed on Windows XP I think, but if you want me to, I could see how it performs on Windows 7 + IE 9.

I am not sure when the last time was that his compatibility thing happened to me, but I think it did happen yesterday. As soon as it happens again, I'll let ya know!
Bees
Clones Player

Postby Bees » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Still getting the compatibility message in Internet Explorer 8, although it seems to occur less, but I can't verify when or how it happens, it just sometimes happens (this time, I wanted to go to a submenu of "Levels")
Bees
Clones Player

Postby Simon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:42 pm

I shoved a few of this site's pages through the W3C validator. I get 16 errors for most forum pages, and 28 errors for the multiplayer statistics page. >_>

-- Simon
Simon
Clones Junior

Postby Bees » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Again I get the message when "mouseovering" the Levels button. Might be some issue with activating the dropdown menu or something?
Bees
Clones Player

Postby tom » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:10 am

I fixed all the problems reported by the validator in the forums, and now it does not go into compatibility mode anymore! :D

Now I just have to fix the main site as well.
tom
Developer

Postby Bees » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:47 am

We'll see about that... ;) jk, good job!

Now there is only one "tiny IE8-bug" left...Without switching to compatibility view (which I guess is no longer possible :) ), the black text "Search..." and "Search this topic / forum..." are aligned to the left, hovering over the white magnifying glass. When compatibility view was enabled, the alignment was correct and the text positioned to the right of the magnifying glass.
Bees
Clones Player

Return to Website Help