The Gravity of this Situation

General gameplay issues and ideas

The Gravity of this Situation

Postby kirkbross » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:24 pm

This level is killing me! Any tips? Are all three gravity circles part of the solution?
kirkbross
Clones Newbie

Re: The Gravity of this Situation

Postby rt » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 pm

For the intended solution you'll need to use 3 of the 4 gravity circles. Experiment with different routes and then take a break to let you mind solve it subconsciously :)

Note that based on the rankings for that level there are at least 2 other solutions that will save more clones than the intended one.
rt
Developer

Postby kirkbross » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 am

Thanks... there are so many black holes and so few morphs I can't find *any* paths :(

I did manage to get a single clone in by total luck with no morphs left...

I must use the inner eye to see the path! :)
kirkbross
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:05 pm

kirkbross wrote:I must use the inner eye to see the path! :)

That's the spirit! :) It's a tough level, which is why it's not on the main path. Do you think we should include the solution replays to difficult levels like this in the game? Currently only the easy-medium levels have solutions included.
rt
Developer

Postby kirkbross » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Do you think we should include the solution replays to difficult levels like this in the game?
Yes... with BIG SPOILER WARNINGS so people don't accidentally click and view them :)

OR... just a series of three or four JPGs, with each successive image displaying more of the solution. However, you might need to work this into the stats -- whether or not the user viewed the solution. It's like all those baseball records set while the player was on steroids... are they fair records?
kirkbross
Clones Newbie

Postby CCX » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 pm

kirkbross wrote:However, you might need to work this into the stats -- whether or not the user viewed the solution. It's like all those baseball records set while the player was on steroids... are they fair records?

That's sort of interesting, except there's nothing to prevent someone from asking a friend how to solve a level, or viewing the solution on their computer, etc. So really there's no way (not unless you want to turn the game into Big Brother anyway :P) to actually guarantee that anyone's stats are the result of purely their own efforts.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:08 pm

CCX wrote:So really there's no way (not unless you want to turn the game into Big Brother anyway :P) to actually guarantee that anyone's stats are the result of purely their own efforts.

We had developed a spinal implant which connects via USB to enable us to monitor eye movement to help improve the GUI based on player expectations, however we could adapt this to verify that puzzle solutions are not coming from outside sources. We'll add this to the next update!
rt
Developer

Postby kirkbross » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 pm

rt wrote:
CCX wrote:So really there's no way (not unless you want to turn the game into Big Brother anyway :P) to actually guarantee that anyone's stats are the result of purely their own efforts.

We had developed a spinal implant which connects via USB to enable us to monitor eye movement to help improve the GUI based on player expectations, however we could adapt this to verify that puzzle solutions are not coming from outside sources. We'll add this to the next update!

Like many people, I have two spinal cords so I would be able to (and would) cheat with my non-USB-connected cord.

I think the obvious solution to this cheating epidemic is to remove the game from all computers -- worldwide -- and force each and every Clones user to walk, drive or fly to wherever you are based and make them take turns playing on one, single "official" Clones computer. Naturally, advanced biometric handle confirmation would be necessary as would trained witnesses and at least fifteen hundred armed security guards of "Seal Team 6" caliber.
kirkbross
Clones Newbie

Postby kirkbross » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Okay... I yield to this level. Someone give me a link to the full solution. Video, jpgs... whatever... I want to move on and I'm anal about skipping! :)
kirkbross
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:35 am

Attached is the intended solution, but not the highest ranking one.

Copy the file to My Documents\Clones\Profiles\<username>\Playbacks, and then you can view it by starting Clones and clicking Extras->Clones Player, and finding the level name in the list with the right timestamp. Game mode is "Corral The Clone" and type is Singleplayer.

I've love to see some other higher ranked solutions, but i understand if it's top secret 8-)
Attachments
s_dm_DownLeft_001.clones
Solution for "The Gravity Of This Situation"
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 807 times
rt
Developer

Next

Return to Gameplay Help