Annoying quit-game thing.

General gameplay issues and ideas

Annoying quit-game thing.

Postby 92Dexter11 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:52 am

Whenever I play clones, if i turn up or down my volume, it will display the 'are you sure you want to quit? screen' i need to click the cancel button about five times before the screen goes away.

This happens everywhere - on the menu, in an online match, etc.

I have one of those buttons for volume where you place your finger over it and it senses your finger.

Any ideas on what causes this?
92Dexter11
Clones Player

Re: Annoying quit-game thing.

Postby rt » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 am

The "Quit Clones" prompt is bound to the keyboard key "Q". You can change this binding on the "Global" tab of the keybinding menu from the Options menu. Try changing this to another key, or press ESCAPE to clear it and let me know if that fixes it. Please post your computer make/model also.
rt
Developer

Postby 92Dexter11 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:50 am

Nope. Ive changed settings and changed the quit game thing to nothing. The quit game screen still pops up.

My computer is a toshiba and is windows 7.
92Dexter11
Clones Player

Postby rt » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:05 pm

After you set the "Quit" hotkey to nothing (by pressing ESCAPE when it asks for a key) click "Okay" and go back to the main menu. Try pressing "Q" to ensure that the prompt doesn't come up, then try your volume key and let me know what happens. Looking in the code, it appears that if that hotkey is not set then that prompt should not display at all.
rt
Developer

Postby rt » Tue May 03, 2011 11:12 am

ttk was able to make this happen on his laptop and has found the cause of this, it's a bug. It's been fixed in 1.30!
rt
Developer

Return to Gameplay Help