Cant log in

New to Clones? Get your questions answered here.

Cant log in

Postby lunarwolf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:36 pm

cant log in the game cause i put my user and pswrd but it repeat.
and i put my user and pswrd again. and repeat.
can some1 help me?
thx
lunarwolf
Clones Newbie

Re: Cant log in

Postby Simon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 pm

I remember I had the same problem on a fresh install of the full game.

Workaround was to not enter the password in the very first login screen, and instead go to the options and enter it there.

-- Simon
Simon
Clones Junior

Postby tom » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:57 am

This may happen if there is a permission issue writing to your "My Documents\Clones" folder. The problem is that Clones can't create a new profile, so it gets stuck on the login screen. Depending on your OS, Clones will try to create your profile here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\My Documents\Clones\Profiles\ (WindowsXP)
or
C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Clones\Profiles\ (Vista,Win7)

Try updating the permissions so that your user account has write access to your My Documents folder. If you are trying it on a work computer, you may have to ask your IT admin to do this for you.

Let me know if this helps.
tom
Developer

Postby CCX » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 pm

I just ran into this issue today when trying to install the game on a second computer running Vista. The workaround Simon suggested works.

I'm not convinced it's purely a permissions issue since if it's that, I would think that Simon's workaround would not have helped. Also, the default Windows settings should give you full permissions to your own Documents folder (obviously) for standard user account types, and many programs rely on that, so while it's possible for a rogue 3rd party program or the user to tighten permissions to that folder, I don't think it's a likely scenario.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby tom » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks for providing the additional detailed info. I'll take a closer look at the code path and see what could be causing this issue. You are right, it doesn't seem to be a permission problem, so it must be something else.
tom
Developer

Return to Clones N00bs