Editor Updates

Share level design tips, problems, and solutions

Editor Updates

Postby rt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Partially based on CCX's creative minigame maps we are including some new traps in 1.30, a KeyBinder Trap and a Particle Spawn trap.

KeyBinder Trap - Can be configured to trigger when the player presses a key.

ParticleSpawn Trap - When activated it will spawn a particle (Fire/Ice currently) with your preset velocity.

Another possible trap would be the CreateTrap Trap to dynamically generate traps during a level. If you've used the editor please let me know what else might be useful as a level designer to create more exciting maps.

I will post an example level using these two objects after 1.30 is out.
rt
Developer

Re: Editor Updates

Postby CCX » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Cool, didn't think you'd get to that with all the fuss around lag in multiplayer (funny about that actually, somehow the whole thing really died down after you post that video showing the backtracking prototype). :?

Unfortunately my workload has recently exploded rather exponentially, but I'll do what I can to try out the new stuff. 8-) And I have to say I am tempted to try the Portal and Portal 2 games......
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby Simon » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 pm

CCX wrote:fuss around lag in multiplayer (funny about that actually, somehow the whole thing really died down after you post that video showing the backtracking prototype).

That's because they're exactly on the right path, and I'm waiting for 1.30 to be released. :)

-- Simon
Simon
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:15 am

CCX wrote:And I have to say I am tempted to try the Portal and Portal 2 games......

Do it! Definitely start with the first one and play it to completion. It's not that long and i found it to be a great experience. The developer commentary they include is also very interesting, they talk about technical issues they encountered, level design, etc.

Simon wrote:That's because they're exactly on the right path, and I'm waiting for 1.30 to be released. :)

The backtracking feature will not be enabled in 1.30, there are still a number of issues that we need to resolve before making it the default behaviour. Sorry :oops: Mostly 1.30 includes the multi-language changes we've had to make for the retail version going on sale in your home country this summer 8-)
rt
Developer

Return to Clones Level Designers