Contact and Game questions...

General Clones Discussion

Contact and Game questions...

Postby fuzzy_bison » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:34 pm

I attempted to send the following questions/comments to info@clonesgame.com (as a reply to my welcome message so it shouldn't be a problem with my typing the email address) and I got a bounce from the Yahoo mail program... specifically
"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<info@clonesgame.com>:
24.78.178.213 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 530 Relaying not allowed
Giving up on 24.78.178.213"

and the original text of my message was
"Hi there. I was under the impression that there was a version of the game for download available for beta testing. I can't find the link if one is available.

Love the site design, though. and I'm thrilled that the system requirements are lighter than most of the crap coming out these days, so I'm hoping to see an emphasis on great game play rather than graphics heavy fluff.

Let me know where to look for the beta if one is available. Thanks
"
fuzzy_bison
Clones Newbie

Re: Contact and Game questions...

Postby tom » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up about the email error. Apparently when we switched web server, the mail server wasn't properly updated. Will fix soon.

Sorry, but a beta is not yet available for testing. Of course, we have a very playable version of Clones but there are a few items that need to be completed before we can ask our members to beta test. Please be patient :)

Our primary focus is incorporating balanced gameplay elements specifically for multiplayer. We had so many gameplay ideas that we had to scale back a little, so that we can focus on getting the game done :) But don't worry, there will be a TON of gameplay components that will make the game super addictive, for example - four way gravity :)

Our internal testing is being done on a 3D accelerator with only 32 megs of ram, so you will not need the next-gen hardware to play the game. The game will still look really good though.
tom
Developer

Return to Clones Discussion