Clones Final Level

General Clones Discussion

Clones Final Level

Postby Boss_Tweed » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:59 pm

After spending hours on it I finally beat Wattson(the final stage) and got the two Qdots, but I have a feeling I went about the solution in a bass ackwards kind of way. So I was wondering how other people have solved it and what the correct solution to the puzzle actually is?

Video of my replay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54X7Tqvcxr0
Video showing how to get both Qdots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQA_w6iYkhc

Spoiler: If you cut the floor out from under Wattson's beam up pad his clones can't reach it and he will suicide his clones in frustration; meaning you just need 1 clone to win
Boss_Tweed
Clones Newbie

Re: Clones Final Level

Postby rt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 pm

Very creative solution! It was never intended to allow you to steal Qdots from a CloneMaster, so good job for pointing out that it's possible. In 1.28 this will be fixed and the stats for Wattson's battle reset so anyone that has beaten the level can resubmit their score.
rt
Developer

Postby Boss_Tweed » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Sounds like Wattson is a sore loser if he has to change his level around! =O
Boss_Tweed
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:50 pm

He's furious that you invaded his personal space. :evil:
rt
Developer

Postby CCX » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm

rt wrote:In 1.28 this will be fixed and the stats for Wattson's battle reset so anyone that has beaten the level can resubmit their score.

A full reset seems a little unfair especially to the majority of people who didn't steal QDots. With so few scores posted on that level so far, may it not be better instead to just remove the stats that do make use of QDot stealing? Or depending on how you fix this, you could simply modify the QDot count for the affected stats.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:33 pm

CCX wrote:Or depending on how you fix this, you could simply modify the QDot count for the affected stats.

The level was slightly altered in addition to making the CM Qdots inaccessible, so i cannot be sure that current scores are still achievable with the current build. It's safest to reset the stats for that level. It's inconvenient i know, but since you already know a solution it's shouldn't be too difficult to redo it. We will send out a notification when level stats are reset so anyone that was ranked will have the opportunity to post their score and maintain their rank.
rt
Developer

Postby Boss_Tweed » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:55 pm

Or when you reset the levels you all should just declare whichever player got both Qdots the new super clone master for super winning the last level by sticking it to the rules Which Wattson would totaly approve of if he wasn't so busy player hating.
Boss_Tweed
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 pm

<bowing to the new super clone master>

Wattson digs your game-breaking solution.
rt
Developer

Postby rt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:50 pm

The stats for Wattson have been reset, please re-submit your solution by completing the level in 1.28. The level "Triad" for Beatall was also reset.
rt
Developer

Postby rt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

CCX wrote:
rt wrote:In 1.28 this will be fixed and the stats for Wattson's battle reset so anyone that has beaten the level can resubmit their score.

I was just checking the stats and wondering did you resubmit your solution for "Triad"? If so please email your solution, i'd like to verify :) Have you attempted the revised Wattson level? I notice that someone else completed it and i'd like to gauge it against another score.
rt
Developer

Next

Return to Clones Discussion