Need help! - Octopal/Checkmate

Tips to help advance your journey as a CloneMaster

Need help! - Octopal/Checkmate

Postby Snurrad » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi!
I have played this map (Checkmate in case you didn't notice) for hours and I can't figure out how to beat the level, it's driving me crazy! Please help me if you know how to beat level!

EDIT: Finally beat the level, but "solo" is just making me sad, you made the game too hard! but it has it's perks. :)

Kind regards,
Ken
Snurrad
Clones Newbie

Re: Need help! - Octopal/Checkmate

Postby rt » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Snurrad wrote:Hi!
I have played this map (Checkmate in case you didn't notice) for hours and I can't figure out how to beat the level, it's driving me crazy! Please help me if you know how to beat level!

EDIT: Finally beat the level, but "solo" is just making me sad, you made the game too hard! but it has it's perks. :)

Kind regards,
Ken

Glad to hear you were able to overcome Checkmate, it's a tough one :) Some of the hardest levels do not have a solution included (under "Show Solution" in the menu) but we can include them in the next patch. For Solo, try isolating one clone from the pack to build bridges and allow the solo clone at the top to be saved.

In version 1.27 you can unlock all puzzles from the options menu to allow you to skip past levels that are too taxing. You can revisit them later... sometimes thinking about them for a day or two helps a lot.
rt
Developer

Postby Snurrad » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:35 am

No, you really shouldn't. And I'm not saying this because I'm/Iv'e
***SPOILER***
already working/defeaded a few levels on "Wattson R. Ice"
*** END OF SPOILER***

When you don't have any guide to follow, that's where your true skill is being tested, I admit it took a while to figure some tricks out, but being frustrated and wanting to pull out your hair is a part of the game, and a step closer to becoming a pro, no?
Snurrad
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Making it to that CloneMaster is no easy task, well done! Some of those quantum loop puzzles took quite a while to construct. Let me know if you manage to beat the final battle, and post your solution file (from your Clones\Profiles\Playbacks) folder so that we can all see your technique.

I think adding the solutions to all the puzzles is a good thing, the die hard puzzle fans won't watch them anyway until after they've beaten the level and then it's fun to see how your solution differs from the intended one.
rt
Developer

Postby Snurrad » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:37 am

rt wrote:Making it to that CloneMaster is no easy task, well done! Some of those quantum loop puzzles took quite a while to construct. Let me know if you manage to beat the final battle, and post your solution file (from your Clones\Profiles\Playbacks) folder so that we can all see your technique.

I think adding the solutions to all the puzzles is a good thing, the die hard puzzle fans won't watch them anyway until after they've beaten the level and then it's fun to see how your solution differs from the intended one.

Well, as of right now, IF there was a solution to these puzzles I would probably use them just because these levels are best described as insane, they really stress your creativity and that's nothing but good, I fear that if you were to add solutions to those levels you would "destroy" the purpose of the hidden levels. But then again I'm not a developer, you do as you please.

Regards,
Ken
Snurrad
Clones Newbie

Return to CloneMaster Pilgrimage Help (Singleplayer)