AutoTracker

No cloning zone.

AutoTracker

Postby NovaClaft » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:25 am

I've seen you developed a database management system called Auto Tracker as well. Isn't that a bit of a strange mixture, games and business software? Or did you just create that to fund Clones? :P
NovaClaft
Clones Player

Re: AutoTracker

Postby rt » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:20 am

NovaClaft wrote:I've seen you developed a database management system called Auto Tracker as well. Isn't that a bit of a strange mixture, games and business software? Or did you just create that to fund Clones? :P

Programming is programming :) Much of the techniques and knowledge from creating business software is directly applicable in game programming, especially when creating tools to help manage the assets of the game. The business software and Clones co-evolved over the years and yes the business software has a head start in terms of income :P
rt
Developer

Re: AutoTracker

Postby barutiwa » Mon May 24, 2010 6:07 am

I agree. Programming is programming. Speaking from a personal point of view, I've created five games using the old Qbasic platform and developed a program for offline use that allowed business owners to keep track of their shareholders records. The funds acquired from the business end of programming afforded myself more time to focus on my interest of developing text based games via Qbasic. Just my 2 cents for whatever its worth. Peace.
barutiwa
Clones Newbie

Return to Off-Topic Discussion