Lemmings levels remake ?

Help using the built in level editor to create your own levels

Lemmings levels remake ?

Postby Marino Kadame » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:20 pm

I wonder if someone started to make some remake of the Lemmings games levels, it would be great to play in those levels revamped.
Marino Kadame
Clones Newbie

Re: Lemmings levels remake ?

Postby rt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:57 pm

A few of the multiplayer Clones maps are based on 2-player Lemmings maps, but i can't think of many singleplayer puzzles that are remakes. The difference in morphs/abilities makes remaking Lemmings puzzles not an exact translation. You'd have to adjust the levels to account for the different context and content.
rt
Developer

Postby minimac » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:49 am

It would be interesting though, as I initially had an idea to remake Lemmings revolution, but rt's right. In particular, there are no climbers in the clones game, and also, there are no one-way areas either. We'll have to think of an idea or a solution to replace these problems. Not all levels require a climber and a one-way wall, so it is possible to re-create some of the levels from that game.
I use function keys for each morph. It is much easier for me doing it this way.
minimac
Clones Player

Postby rt » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:33 pm

minimac wrote:and also, there are no one-way areas either

You might be able to create a pseudo one-way area by placing down a Proximity trap set to trigger when a Clone clobs/gulps while facing Left or Right and then trigger an Actions trap set to force the "Walk" morph on that clone. The clone would still get 1 update of the clob/gulp morph so it wouldn't be perfect, but with limited morphs it would be functionally the same.
rt
Developer

Return to Level Editor Help