System Requirements ?

Help installing Clones onto your gaming machine

System Requirements ?

Postby Zalien » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:40 am

I realize that the game is still under development, but i was just wondering, any word on the initial size and system requirements :?:
Zalien
Clones Newbie

Re: System Requirements ?

Postby ZeppMan217 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:10 am

System Requirements

* Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
* DirectX 9 capable 3D Accelerator Graphics Card
* CPU 900MHz
* 256 MB RAM

info from main page ;)
City 217 citizen. Liar.
"We do what we must because we can"
ZeppMan217
Clones Newbie

Postby Zalien » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:34 am

ZeppMan217 wrote:
info from main page ;)

Well, I guess I'm not that good at starting conversations, ha? :roll:
Anyway, could you spot the size of the game mentioned somewhere around; (since you have such a keen eye) ;)
Zalien
Clones Newbie

Postby tom » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:05 pm

Size of the game meaning installation size? The latest build of the full game comes in around 300MB for the installer (about 380MB after installation). We expect the final release to be slightly larger than that after all the remaining videos and music are added. However, we will make sure that the demo is as small as possible (only the essential graphics and music will be added). I'm sure the demo will come under 75 MB (maybe 50MB or so). Not sure at this moment because we haven't put together the demo build yet.

As for system requirements, the game requires a 3D accelerator, but it doesn't require any special shader enabled card. We successfully ran the game on some older laptops (2004), so any semi modern computer should be fine.
tom
Developer

Postby Zalien » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:56 am

Yes Tom, thanks; that's pretty much what I was curious about.
I think any size under a 100 MB, as a Demo, is a considerable size for an average gamer. I personally value the Gameplay over 3D graphics and music, so when it comes to slimming down on those for the Demo, I'm all for it. As a matter of fact, I'd even prefer 2D over 3D game.
Zalien
Clones Newbie

Postby tom » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:59 pm

I agree. Gameplay is key and I'm certain that Clones will not disappoint in that department. When development first started on the game, we only really focused on gameplay as we didn't have any graphic artist or music composers on our team. The game mixes both 3D and 2D graphics so hopefully we captured the best of both :) We understand the value of slimming down the demo (the smaller the demo, the more likely it will be downloaded, installed, and played), so we'll try our best. Thanks for the comments.
tom
Developer

Postby Gigaknight » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 am

The only thing i'm concerned about is the Mhz. On the video cards info center, it says Core Clock in MHz, 500Mhz. But on the system information, it says 1461 Mhz for the processor. So, which one should I be looking at?
Gigaknight
Clones Newbie

Postby tom » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:38 am

Hi!

If you have a computer with a CPU of 1.4 GHz or better, with a video card with 32 Meg of memory or more, then you should be fine. I say this because that is the least powerful computer that we have tested it on recently (my 5 year old laptop) and it works fine on that hardware. As for the core clock of the video card, I can't say too much about that. I can say shader support is *not* required, but the editor requires stencil buffer support (which is available on nearly all video cards in the last 6 or 7 years.
tom
Developer

Postby Gigaknight » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:55 pm

That's good, cuz a while back I played into the Atmosphir beta without realizing it required more modern specs than what I have...man...I need a new pc badly.
Gigaknight
Clones Newbie

System Requirements Update

Postby tiffy8 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Windows 2000/XP/Vista or Windows 7
DirectX 9 capable 3D Graphics Card (64 MB minimum)
CPU 1GHz
512 MB RAM
tiffy8
Clones Player

Return to Installation