upload bug

General gameplay issues and ideas

upload bug

Postby 92Dexter11 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:07 pm

I created multi match mayhem 3. i had all the levels, everything was fine and there was no apparent glitches. i created the package fine, and clicked upload. the clones game crashed and automatically shut off.
It was a very big pack, so i removed a few levels and tried again, but the same thing happened again. i kept trying again but it still kept crashing. any ideas of what might have happened?
92Dexter11
Clones Player

Re: upload bug

Postby rt » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Send us the package file that is causing you a crash, it should be in your My Documents\Clones\Packages folder. Hopefully it will crash for us too and then we can fix the problem.

First try to attach it to your reply in this thread, if that doesn't work then email to info AT clonesgame.com
rt
Developer

Postby rt » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Did you email us the package? If so it didn't come through.
rt
Developer

Postby rt » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:04 pm

If you are having trouble sending us the package because it's large then you can try using a service like dropbox:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropbox_(service)
rt
Developer

Postby CCX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:46 am

Looks like I'm hitting the same problem. I don't think my packages were all that large though, both only have 1 single level, one package was around 88 KB and the other 54 KB. I'm starting to think it'd crash on any package I try to upload.

As a test, I've double-click on my package files on my computer, and the Clones package installer was able to load and list their contents, so the package files don't seem to be corrupted.

I'm running Windows 7 in case that's relevant. Anyway, I've emailed my package files to rt.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I've received your email and was able to upload the packages using the in-game package upload screen without a problem. Can you also send your Client.txt file? It's in
(Windows 7) C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Clones\Cache\Log\
(Windows XP) C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Clones\Cache\Log\

Which OS are you running? Do you have a firewall on? Also please give me exact steps to reproduce the crash, thanks.
rt
Developer

Postby CCX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

File and info sent. Actually I'm now deeply suspecting IE9 even though the evidence is slightly lacking (unfortunately it's been several versions of the game ago that I last uploaded a package), since the crash is happening at the point where I think the game is trying to switch to the browser to complete the upload process......
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks for the info! I reproduced the problem. It happens when the game is in Fullscreen mode and you go to upload the package. Try switching to windowed mode first and then upload the package, the default hotkey for this is BACKSLASH.
rt
Developer

Postby 92Dexter11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:28 am

still not working :( it says i have to upload it to clones manually and i dont know how.
92Dexter11
Clones Player

Postby rt » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 am

Try using this page: http://clonesgame.com/package/upload

The package files should be in My Documents\Clones\Packages
rt
Developer

Return to Gameplay Help