Morph circle problems and removal possibility

General gameplay issues and ideas

Morph circle problems and removal possibility

Postby Raszlo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Is there any way to remove the morphs circle from apeearing after selecting a clone? It happens to me very often that I click the wrong clone in a group and while trying to fix that I accidentaly select some morph (ussually doppler -.-) which messes everything up.
It would be nice to have possiblity to turn off displaying that ring at all, or at least make it requiring more precise selecting of the morphs, not only clicking in the direction of one.

Also I saw that the circle happens to show in the initial clone-selecting position and doesn't follow the clone (spawning points, clone machines), is that intended?
Raszlo
Clones Player

Re: Morph circle problems and removal possibility

Postby geoo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:44 pm

In the options menu, you can uncheck the option 'Use belt' to make it disappear.
(In multiplayer you'll have to use hotkeys for the morphs to stand a chance, anyway ;))
geoo
Clones Player

Postby Raszlo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Ah thanks, didn't knew it's called belt ;)
Raszlo
Clones Player

Postby tom » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:36 am

The clones belt is activated by default to make it easier for new players to learn the game without having to memorize the keyboard shortcuts. Also it is faster than clicking on the morph buttons on the HUD. The belt remains at the initial clone position so that the player doesn't have to constantly move the cursor over the morph icon. You can enabling the "Follow the Clone" option and the belt will remain over the clone most of the time. However, like geoo said, in multiplayer using the hotkeys is almost a necessity. I play with the belt off.
tom
Developer

Postby rt » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:44 pm

It was a challenge to design an interface to allow the player to perform 12 different actions quickly for any clone. The HUD buttons worked, but there was too much back-and-forth mouse travel, and the keyboard takes time to learn. Our solution was the belt.
The belt is great for beginners because it's visual and easy to understand... but it quickly becomes a hindrance for intense multiplayer matches. Keyboard shortcuts are essential! In the full version the einstein clone tells the player they can disable the belt after a few levels are solved.
rt
Developer

Postby Raszlo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:41 pm

I never said the belt is bad! I totally agree that it's very helpful while learning the game, but later it can be annoying. I didn't knew it's possible to turn it off so I asked here and after it appeared to be easily accessible from the options menu I abadoned the topic because of the overall awesomeness ;)
Didn't expected that someone would write something more here.
Raszlo
Clones Player

Return to Gameplay Help