Bugs/Design Issues v1.28

General gameplay issues and ideas

Re: Bugs/Design Issues v1.28

Postby Simon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 pm

I was playing for clonestats with Tom, and we noticed this bug:

#16. When a player joins, sometimes the host will show up as non-verified for clonestats ([X] instead of [OK]) for the joining player. The joining player will see himself as properly verified. The host and thus the submission of the result to the stats site isn't affected by this.

-- Simon
Simon
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Simon wrote:#16. When a player joins, sometimes the host will show up as non-verified for clonestats ([X] instead of [OK]) for the joining player. The joining player will see himself as properly verified. The host and thus the submission of the result to the stats site isn't affected by this

I couldn't reproduce, how many players were there and what was the join order, or history? Was CS toggled on/off manually or was this automatic?
rt
Developer

Postby Simon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:35 pm

rt wrote:I couldn't reproduce, how many players were there and what was the join order, or history? Was CS toggled on/off manually or was this automatic?

Tom and me, I was host. It usually happened when he left and joined again immediately, without me switching off CS in between. Might have something to do with the usual > 200 ms of lag from here to Canada.

-- Simon
Simon
Clones Junior

Postby CCX » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:46 am

Dabbled in the editor a little again, and ran into some very minor issues:

#17. the window for changing settings for an annotation object has a slightly messed up layout, see attached screenshot.

#18. Maybe a "feature" and not a bug, but I noticed that in "level settings" page, there used to be a place where you can add "tags" for your level. That UI is still there but there are no longer any tags available for you to actually add, in contrast with previous versions. Granted, I don't think the tags are ever used in the level gallery on the website, so maybe this is just leftover UI for a cut feature?

#19. The "fuel" setting for the hoverboard is drawn a little strangely in the editor. Decreasing the amount of fuel actually makes the fuel bar go up rather than down, in fact it can exceed the length of the fuel guage graphic. See attached screenshot. [edit: change to zip file since large screenshot displayed inline disrupts the forum layout]

Also, since the level editor guide on the website didn't mention the hoverboard, I'm not sure how to interpret the 2 red circles surrounding the hoverboard. I know it has something to do with the range of the board given the fuel level, but why 2 circles?
Attachments
v128hover.zip
(126.24 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
v128annotationswindow.png
v128annotationswindow.png (191.87 KiB) Viewed 4754 times
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

CCX wrote:I'm not sure how to interpret the 2 red circles surrounding the hoverboard. I know it has something to do with the range of the board given the fuel level, but why 2 circles?

The inner circle is the 50% fuel radius, the hoverboard can go that far and still make it back to it's starting point. The outer circle is the max fuel radius, the hoverboard cannot make it farther than that.
rt
Developer

Postby Simon » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:05 pm

#20. Hotkeys for fullscreen [\], screenshot [F12], and video recording [F8] aren't remappable. geoo takes a screenshot everytime he nukes. (This is an extension of issue #7, which talked just about the fullscreen hotkey.)

-- Simon
Simon
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:59 pm

The majority of bugs reported in this thread have been incorporated into 1.29. We are hoping to release the update within a week. Thanks for the feedback!
rt
Developer

Postby rt » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:44 pm

One of the new features included in v1.29 will be the ability to see your teammates mouse cursor during co-op play in both multiplayer and singleplayer. After some quick testing we really think this will help players to work together more efficiently whether they are trying to beat Wattson's final battle or competing online in a 2 vs. 2 match.
rt
Developer

Postby CCX » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Have you decided yet what to do with the scores for quantum loop level after releasing v1.29? I guess I better start emailing you my replays for all the ones I've done, so that as few of them will be removed as possible. ;)
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:10 am

CCX wrote:Have you decided yet what to do with the scores for quantum loop level after releasing v1.29? I guess I better start emailing you my replays for all the ones I've done, so that as few of them will be removed as possible. ;)

Actually this time we aren't going to wipe the stats. We felt a better solution is to simply add an easy to reach Qdot to every level that has been updated. This way the existing scores will be gradually replaced as new players complete the level.
New Qdots have been added to all QL levels as well as Wattson's final battle.
rt
Developer

Previous

Return to Gameplay Help