Ranking List Bug?

Discuss techniques, tactics, and timing

Ranking List Bug?

Postby Pandaroc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi there today i found some really weird stuff. Perhaps its a Bug, so i let you know so you can figure out what the problem is.

Today CCX got the same time on "Puff Factory" as me. On the Level Statistics im listed first, in my Profile i am announced as world leader, but in the list below called "Single Player Ranks" it counts me as second.
And if you look at the Leaderboard sorted by Rankings it counts me for 6 1stPlaces. So it does not count Puff factory there either...

Just wanted to point that out

Best Regards
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Re: Ranking List Bug?

Postby rt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Ah yes, we didn't really think that players would get the exact same stat since the time goes into the milliseconds :) The queries are not expecting this and may display a little funny until we correct this. I think the rule will be that whoever got the stat most recently will be declared first, this keeps the incentive for new players to equal what's been done.
rt
Developer

Postby Pandaroc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Yeah i think this will be only a matter on the not so complex levels as there is less room for failures. But in Puff Factory i.e or on Doppel Duty where i and ccx have the exact same time i think we reached the limit for that level.

Btw: Did you remove the number of tries next to the name? The number that were in brackets?
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Postby tom » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:40 am

The number of retries were removed from the list because the query was slow and causing the site to slow down. As a quick fix, we just removed it, but we'll add it back in when we get a chance to do it right. First we are fixing the more important issues.
tom
Developer

Postby CCX » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:20 pm

New wackiness in the scoreboard for "Just Drill It":

http://clonesgame.com/level/just-drill-it

The #1 score was listed to be chups with "Qdots: 4, Clones: 1, Lost: 0, Morphs: 8, Time: 27:13.20". While all 99 other scores listed have 6 Qdots. Must be opposite day. :P
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Hmm, not sure what caused that one. The "score" submitted was twice as large as normal, will have to look into it. I've cleared that stat for now. Thanks.
rt
Developer

Postby choopa » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:54 pm

u still haven't corrected the bug with rankings when people have exact same time?

I'm listed as second on clob cave but it counts me as 6th :(
choopa
Clones Newbie

Postby tom » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:27 pm

choopa wrote:u still haven't corrected the bug with rankings when people have exact same time?

Good eye! Yesterday I was working on correcting the rankings with players that have the exact same score, but I guess I forgot to update the player profile. I fixed the bug, so it should be all good. So just to clarify, if two players have the exact same score, then the player who got the score most recently will get the better rank.
tom
Developer

Return to Competitive Cloners