General Tips and Tricks for chasing Records

Discuss techniques, tactics, and timing

General Tips and Tricks for chasing Records

Postby Pandaroc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:50 pm

1. Play the Level without looking at the stats your first Time. Know the Level, take a deep look at every corner.

2. Take a look at the Rankings and how many morphs there are to be used to get a record.

3. After you played the Level once and took a look at the records try to devide the Level into different Parts. Evaluate the parts for the fastest way. Did you pick the right part? What can you do to get the optimum in this part? Do all parts together use equal or less morphs as the leader? If yes you are good, if no you just overlooked something

4. If you think you are perfect in one part of a level make the next part perfect.

5. If you are allready addicted get a lot of Coffee and have some break from time to time. Seriously...make a break. Sometimes you overextend your efforts and don't see the tree in the woods :D

General Tips:
- Machines sometimes can help you to ...accelerate your Clones
- Use the Quantum Timer, without it its really hard sometimes (This means plan your moves ahead)
- Sometimes you move forward if your going one step back :D. Philosophy is nice *g*.
(I mean sometimes it can be faster to use the second or third clone to do a specific action, because the behaviour of the followers might change into your favour)
- Always check alternative routes or of you can spare an action (i.e. cutting through two walls with one action, perhaps because of layer of the bottom where you began)

Special Tips:
- Placing a doppel on a bridge lets stay one clone on the bridge while the other is falling down. (Try the right position, its a little bit tricky. Sometimes the doppel will fall)
- You can lop a clone through small walls and isolate him from others. You can also lop through thicker walls instead of going nova in some levels
- If you can't time a button press as you want try to hover over the belt-icon while holding your mouse button. The command will be issued when you release the button. This way you can perhaps react faster to some situations as you just have to release your finger.
Last edited by Pandaroc on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Re: General Tips and Tricks for chasing Records

Postby rt » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:18 pm

Good tips! Especially #5, don't forget to eat!
rt
Developer

Postby Pandaroc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:58 am

Eating is really overrated, but yeah i think an apple from time to time wont hurt. And more important...use the toilet if you follow my tips because it can be very unpleasant with so much coffee :D
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Postby rt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Pandaroc wrote:Eating is really overrated, but yeah i think an apple from time to time wont hurt. And more important...use the toilet if you follow my tips because it can be very unpleasant with so much coffee :D

Depends what you're eating i guess.. i break only for perogies :lol:
rt
Developer

Postby Pandaroc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:18 pm

btw RT, who is this CCX guy? He must have been in the beta or? Noone can try that many times on that many levels in just 2 days......

And i dont get how you can only loose 4 Clones in "Endless Clocean" is there another trick to get a Doppel walking again without a bridge? I allways loose 5....2 atomized, 2 exploded and one staying as doppel. I just dont get it and it drives me crazy
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Postby CCX » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Yeah, I was beta tester since late August. Actually I was supposed to be testing the editor, which I did a bit, but I wound up playing many of the singleplayer levels as well.

I did consider wiping all my stats yesterday, but looks like people are progressing pretty quickly on the rankings just within the past few days, so there's probably no need. I will at least vet through my stats over the next few days to clear the ones that are only valid on old versions of levels. (Probably only 4-5 such in total, so don't expect anything drastic :P )

Pandaroc wrote:And i dont get how you can only loose 4 Clones in "Endless Clocean"

spoiler (highlight to read) wrote:You can lop standing at a precise spot to get through one of the vertical bars at the bottom.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Pandaroc wrote:And i dont get how you can only loose 4 Clones in "Endless Clocean"

If your timing is good you can only loose 3, check out my stats for that puzzle 8-) I left lots of room for improvement.

http://clonesgame.com/level/endless-clocean
rt
Developer

Postby Pandaroc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:59 am

Hmm ok now i got it pretty good i think, after getting some sleep and think the level over.

Btw how does Ranking works? What is prioritized over all? Morphs? Or Lost or which stat?

Is it Lost>Rescued>Morphs>Rest?
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Postby rt » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Pandaroc wrote:Btw how does Ranking works? What is prioritized over all? Morphs? Or Lost or which stat?
Is it Lost>Rescued>Morphs>Rest?

I covered this in another thread:
clonemaster-pilgrimage-help-singleplayer-f16/rankings-t74.html#p669

Qdots are the most important, then saved, then lost, then morphs, then time.
rt
Developer

Postby Pandaroc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Ah thanks rt. Btw do you guys have an IRC Channel or just the XMPP Chat?
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Next

Return to Competitive Cloners