1.31 Update

Clones News, Press Releases, and Rumors

1.31 Update

Postby rt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:18 pm

We've been fairly busy this summer with the multi-language version of Clones, as well as golfing :) A 1.31 update is still in the works, if you've noticed any problems with the game or have some feature requests please post them and we'll try to include it in the next patch.
rt
Developer

Re: 1.31 Update

Postby Bees » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:09 am

Just bought the game and am absolutely pleased with this fantastic and fascinating game. Was looking for a great multiplayer game to add to our list of games for our yearly LAN-party and this seems to be the perfect thing :)

Three small things that might be worth changing:
- When spamming chats or spam clicking on Quantum Time without a clone selected, the messages on the left will reach the top of the screen and temporarily 'mess up' the top bar. Perhaps you could stop the messages just a bit below that bar (I know, this isn't even worth mentioning, but perhaps its easy to change :) )
- When watching a playback, I usually make the playback-commands disappear in order to be able to watch the whole map. However, when I'm finished watching the replay, I have to pull up the playback-commands again in order to find the "EXIT" button. It would be nice if there was also a possibility of pushing ESCAPE or adding the Exit button to the Q-menu (now you can only go back to the main-menu or leave the game there)
- When watching a playback, the names of the players can be shown by hovering over their clone. I think it would be a great idea if you could add some kind of switch so the player names (the clones they are controlling) are shown all the time and not only if you hover the mouse over their clone. This way, it is easier for people to notice who did what. An on / off switch in the playback-controls would be a good solution i think

Also, I was wondering (since I'm relatively new here) if it is possible to apply a morph to multiple clones at once or select a group somehow (e.g. a group of clones is falling down and you want to save them by "group-applying" the fly-option "S")?

Thanks for the great game and good luck improving it even more (that has to be tough :) )
Bees
Clones Player

Postby Bees » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 am

Singleplayer Level "Highrise" @ Octopal shows in the text that 39 clones have to survive, while the exit only asks for 38. The 39-number is mentioned both in the introduction of the level and when you fail to achieve the level.
Bees
Clones Player

Postby rt » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:25 am

Bees wrote:Singleplayer Level "Highrise" @ Octopal shows in the text that 39 clones have to survive, while the exit only asks for 38. The 39-number is mentioned both in the introduction of the level and when you fail to achieve the level.

Good catch! This will be updated, thanks.
rt
Developer

Postby Bees » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:37 am

Found some more!

Singleplayer Digitough @ BeatAll:
When you have failed the level, it mentions you need to save 100 clones, while there are only 50 in the level. This 100-number is also mentioned at the group details of this singleplayer level on the website.

And also:

Time-bug Singleplayer Wired @ BeatAll:
In-game mentions a time of 1:19.23 as my personal record, while I have 1:19.02 on the website. I have never seen the 1:19.02 in-game.

And also:

Singleplayer CyberTrooping @ BeatAll:
The level mentions saving 150 white clones, but the final exit also accepts blue clones (e.g. the blue clone to turn on the switch)

And also:

Singleplayer Gravitize @ Trillip:
This level seems to be a bit buggy: I got incorrect checkpoints reloads and when I restarted the level, there was still some green mold at the place where gravity has its effects (in the middle of the level) from the last time I was there. Also, I once went for the 1-spinning morph 'powerup', but instead, it seems that the "purple clone" took my powerup, because I never got it (doublechecked this and this only happens with the purple guy being with me, without him I collect the power up). Also, the group details of this level are incorrectly shown on the website.

And also:

Singleplayer Titans @ Hubble Buoy:
There is some kind of lopping bug. There is supposed to be only "one lop", but as soon as you have used that one and click on the other (same) clone and try a "lop" again, only one of them will throw one. If you switch to the other after that, the thrower will also switch.

And also:

General bug, both Singleplayer and Multiplayer
When using the Transition Queue: if you want to apply a morph using the transition queue, but decide not to (by pressing W for Walk), the applied morph at the moment of transition turns into a Gulp Up, even when you have no Gulp Ups left.

And also:

General bug
Directional queueing doesn't work with gulp up / gulp down (e.g.: you hit a stone while gulping down and want to automatically gulp down to the other way direction)
Last edited by Bees on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bees
Clones Player

Postby CCX » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Bees wrote:Time-bug Singleplayer Wired @ BeatAll:
In-game mentions a time of 1:19.23 as my personal record, while I have 1:19.02 on the website. I have never seen the 1:19.02 in-game.

This is an old bug that I think have been around since the beginning. The game does not correctly display sub-seconds in the range of .000 to .099, displaying them instead as .0 to .99. So your personal record is actually 1:19.023, and the website truncates the last digit for display so it becomes 1:19.02. If it were actually .230 you would've seen it displayed as 1:19.230 in-game.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Bees wrote:Also, I was wondering (since I'm relatively new here) if it is possible to apply a morph to multiple clones at once or select a group somehow (e.g. a group of clones is falling down and you want to save them by "group-applying" the fly-option "S")?

We've added your requests to the 1.31 update wishlist. As for group-applying a morph, this is not possible right now, but you can multi-apply by holding down the morph key momentarily to activate temporary "morph on click" mode. So if you have many clones falling, click the first one and hold F to Puff, then while the key is held if you click on other clones they will Puff also.
rt
Developer

Postby rt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Bees wrote:Singleplayer Titans @ Hubble Buoy:
There is some kind of lopping bug.

General bug, both Singleplayer and Multiplayer
When using the Transition Queue: if you want to apply a morph using the transition queue, but decide not to (by pressing W for Walk), the applied morph at the moment of transition turns into a Gulp Up, even when you have no Gulp Ups left.

Thanks for reporting these! They have been fixed in 1.31.
rt
Developer

Postby Bees » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Yay, good luck with the bug-fixes :)

Some other things that might be useful:

- Auto-checkpoint has no "time indication" when it was saved.
- SinglePlayer errors @ FallOut: incorrect group details on the website (36 clones instead of 35) and when you start the level, you automatically lose one clone, but it's nowhere to be found.
- SinglePlayer group detail on website: Camp Frozen Ground is incorrect (there is no blue team and there are more than 0 grey clones :) )
- SinglePlayer group detail on website: Supersize @ DrillDude is incorrect (there is no white team and there are 10 orange clones)
- SinglePlayer group detail on website: Doppel Duty is incorrect somehow
- Make it possible to clear only the "last" Quantum group, in case you want to switch the order of play (e.g.: blue clones first, red second, green third, but while playing red second you consider it to be better to let green play second. Clearing only the red team should be an option then, but now it clears also your first (blue) input)
- During playback of a replay, it is only possible to move the "timeslide-button" forwards (to jump forward to a specific time), but not backwards.
Last edited by Bees on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bees
Clones Player

Postby Bees » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:18 am

Not sure if this is an error or not, but figured it's worth posting.

Singleplayer Mushbombing @ DrillDude.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrJ0O0Rgdr4 (UPDATE: removed it, since this appears to be no bug) for a video example of this.

The blue mushbomb in this level caused one of the clones to become static (and dead). When loading the level editor, this mushbomb has a "bridge" tag with it, but I had no clue what that was supposed to do. I think it might be a bug, since others walk over the clone and he doesnt really have a dying effect on him (e.g. atomizing, fire, etc.)
Last edited by Bees on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bees
Clones Player

Next

Return to Clones News And Rumors