Italian localization

Clones News, Press Releases, and Rumors

Italian localization

Postby Matteobin007 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:27 am

Dear Clones game dev. team,
my name's Matteo Bini and I'm a young Italian student. I've just bought your game and, being a hardcore Lemmings fan, I immediately fell in love with it.

I think it's great and brilliant, it's not very known though and that's a shame!
I also noticed there isn't an Italian localization at all and maybe this is one of the reasons because it's not very famous here in Italy.

I'd like to offer myself to translate the game. I'll be delighted to work with you guys!
I know English very well, I'm the translator of the GoldenEye: Source mod and I helped many times Team17 Digital Ltd. subtitling promotional videos and trailers.

I also localized the E3 Call of Duty: Ghosts Tech Demo.

I hope you'll consider my offer and thank you again for such a splendid videogame!

P.S.
Here's a sample of what I've done: http://youtu.be/p0qjY1n4GRo
Matteobin007
Clones Newbie

Re: Italian localization

Postby rt » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Glad to hear you are enjoying Clones! :) When we were working with our partners to translate Clones into German/Polish/Russian the process was to send an Excel spreadsheet containing all of the English text in the game in one column, and then the translator would send back the file with the translations in a new column. We would love to increase awareness of Clones with a new translation, however we have very limited funds being an indie. What would you expect in terms of compensation for the work of translating?
rt
Developer

Postby Matteobin007 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm not pretentious, don't worry! :D

So, here's my requests:

• I should be credited with my full name (Matteo Bini)
  • You should give me 4 additional Steam keys of Clones (to share with my friends and family)
  • And I also would like to be considered as your Italian translator for future productions.

All these things when the job is done, obviously.

In other terms, I'm not interested in making money: I just want to gain work experience and help you guys getting known!

P.S.
I'm a student, so it may take some time... be patient!
Matteobin007
Clones Newbie

Postby Matteobin007 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:36 am

If 4 copies of the game are too much, I'll do it for free.

But still I'd like to be credited with my full name.
Matteobin007
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 am

Sorry for the delay, we are considering your proposal while also working on other projects :)
rt
Developer

Return to Clones News And Rumors