Clones Release

Clones News, Press Releases, and Rumors

Clones Release

Postby rt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Finally, after years of hard work, we are pleased to announce that Clones will be made available to the public on Friday Nov. 19th! Barring any catastrophic last minute implosions, of course :P

We will be launching on Steam, D2D, and our own website to start. All versions will contain the same content: over 150 singleplayer puzzles and over 50 multiplayer levels. The Steam version will have 64 achievements, leaderboards for each puzzle, and cloud support for your game profile.

Thanks to all the beta testers that helped us to round out the corners of the game. Your input was very valuable to us.
rt
Developer

Re: Clones Release

Postby CCX » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm currently not a Steam user. I think I'd like to know what features would be unavailable on non-Steam versions of the game.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby rt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:07 pm

CCX wrote:I'm currently not a Steam user. I think I'd like to know what features would be unavailable on non-Steam versions of the game.

The Steam version is identical to the Non-Steam version, except that the Steam version has some additional "achievements" such as "Speedrun" which rewards you if you can get all 10 fragments within 90 mins of gameplay time.

There is no extra content in the Steam build.

When our Steam store page is ready we will post a link to it so that you can see all the achievements and what is required to earn them. Most of them are the same as the unlockable bonus items in the Non-Steam version (stamps, decorations, extra levels).
rt
Developer

Postby DjinnGuru » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 am

rt wrote:Finally, after years of hard work, we are pleased to announce that Clones will be made available to the public on Friday Nov. 19th!

Woohoo, grats! 8-)
>>>DjinnGuru<<<
DjinnGuru
Clones Player

Postby tom » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:26 pm

In addition, the Steam version has cloud support so you can move from one computer to the other and it will copy over your profile settings so you can continue your singleplayer campaign seamlessly. The steam version has integration with the steam leaderboards, but these leaderboards are not as detailed as what is available on the clonesgame.com website.

In multiplayer, Steam players will be able to join non-steam version of Clones and vice versa.
tom
Developer

Postby l3mming » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:44 am

What does it cost?
l3mming
Clones Newbie

Postby tom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:13 am

The game will be sold for $9.99 USD, which means there is no reason why you shouldn't buy it! 8-)
tom
Developer

Postby rt » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 am

tom wrote:The game will be sold for $9.99 USD, which means there is no reason why you shouldn't buy it! 8-)

I second that :D
rt
Developer

Postby CCX » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Wow that's pretty amazing pricing! :shock: Best of wishes to the financial success of the game! 8-)
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby clones » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Clones is now released! The release was supposed to be Nov 19th, but we had it all ready so it's been released a few hours earlier :) On sale, for $8.99 until Nov. 26th. Please checkout http://ClonesGame.com for all the details! Grab it while you can! The regular price is $9.99.
clones
Site Admin

Next

Return to Clones News And Rumors