Clones Demo Released!

Clones News, Press Releases, and Rumors

Clones Demo Released!

Postby clones » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Finally! We are proud to release a demo version of Clones for your enjoyment (version 1.00). The demo was tested and tweaked over the last three weeks and we finally have a version that we want you to play. This demo contains:
* 5 Singleplayer puzzles showcasing 3 different game modes
* 4 Multiplayer levels (unlimited replayability)
* CloneStats enabled (top scores are posted on site)
* Replay your solutions and view other players solutions
* Much more!

To download go here.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the forums.

Thanks!
Have a clonetastic day!

- The Clones Development Team
clones
Site Admin

Re: Clones Demo Released!

Postby clones » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 pm

A patch (v1.01) for the demo has been released. This patch incorporates many of the improvements, bug fixes, and suggestions provided by the player in this forum. A summary of the changes are:

- Ability to save and load pre-set multiplayer configurations.
- Virtual administration. Allows another (non-host) player to control the levels that are played, and their configuration
- Improvements to scrolling. Added an alternative right click scrolling method, improved existing scrolling, and added scrolling speed user options
- Ability to manage players and groups by administrator. The admin can change the group for a player, or kick the player
- Improve pausing with graphical feedback
- Modified dark clone graphical display so it is more visible against dark background. Added icon over capturable clone and particle clones
- Tweaked clone logic to improve gameplay. Adjusted nova blast size, and lop size
- fixed playback rendering issues
- many other small fixed...to many to mention!

If you already have v1.00 installed, just run clones and it will update you to v1.01. If this fails, then you can manually download and install the patch here
clones
Site Admin

Postby clones » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

A new patch (v1.02) for the demo has been released. The biggest change in this patch is the replacement of the first level (Tutorial Tower), with two simpler levels (Tutorial Tunnel #1 and #2). This was done because we received a lot of feedback saying that tutorial tower was too long. Let us know what you think of the new levels.

In addition, here's some other changes:
- GUI improvements
- Added support for filters on server browser
- Level Editor tweaks and usability improvements
- improved usuability of multiplayer trap editing
- Various other bug fixes

If you already have v1.01 or earlier installed, just run clones and it will update you to v1.02. If this fails, then you can manually download and install the patch here
clones
Site Admin

Postby NovaClaft » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Was it really necessary to mention changes about the level editor for a patch of a demo in which it isn't even available yet? :P
NovaClaft
Clones Player

Postby tom » Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 am

A new patch (1.03) for the demo has been released. Most of the changes have been stability and usability improvements. Here is a summary:

- right click scroll round off error bug
- updated quantum loop mode to allow selecting other clones (to view morph count)
- updated quantum loop stats
- auto deselect when right click scrolling when follow the clone is on
- fixed infinite loop bug with clones server
- fixed clonestats win/lose flag
- major update to clonesgame.com user profile page to include user specific stats

If you experience any crashes with this version, please notify me immediately! We want to make sure the game is as stable as possible!
tom
Developer

Postby geoo » Fri May 07, 2010 3:26 pm

I get a 'Download error' each time (tried 3 times) slightly after the halfway-mark of the update.

Notably, when I then click the 'Ok' button of the message box telling so, while the main menu buttons fly in to form the menu, the dialog box stays on top, essentially requiring to quit Clones with Alt+F4.
geoo
Clones Player

Postby Simon » Fri May 07, 2010 4:19 pm

It worked for me at least, I went from 1.01 to 1.03.

-- Simon
Simon
Clones Junior

Postby tom » Fri May 07, 2010 8:26 pm

geoo wrote:I get a 'Download error' each time (tried 3 times) slightly after the halfway-mark of the update.

Which version are you trying to upgrade from? Do you have high speed internet?
tom
Developer

Postby geoo » Sat May 08, 2010 3:38 am

I was upgrading from 1.02 to 1.03.

I tried this morning again, and suddenly it worked. Yesterday the game told me the download speed was about 200 kb/s, but I had some other download traffic in the background back then.
geoo
Clones Player

Postby tom » Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 am

Glad it worked. In any case, I'll do some testing to make sure that when it fails, you can continue playing the game. I'll also see if I can support a "resume" functionality to recover from such errors.

**UPDATE: Found out why it was failing for you. There was a typo in the code that was causing the download to abort after 20 seconds. It is now 2000 seconds :) This fix will only be available after the next update.
tom
Developer

Next

Return to Clones News And Rumors