New to the game

New to Clones? Get your questions answered here.

New to the game

Postby Iggy AE 81206 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:33 pm

My fiance' bought it for me from Steam tonight. The video they had looked alot like Lemmings(big surprise, right?) and I always loved that game. So we took a chance, and I must say, it's a LOT of fun! It's the kind of game that is relaxing, while making you think.

Needless to say, I'm still learning the game, but my handle here is the same as my Steam name. If anyone wants to play MP mode, add me as a friend, and hit me up. 8-)
Iggy AE 81206
Clones Newbie

Re: New to the game

Postby rt » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:22 am

Thanks for sharing your first impression! I'm glad you're enjoying the experience :D We worked on the game for a long time.

I'd be happy to show you some of the multiplayer tricks, i'll be online and hosting a server as much as possible tomorrow and over the weekend.

Marketing question: Would you have taken the chance and bought the game if it were selling at $19.99?
rt
Developer

Postby Pandaroc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:35 pm

To answer your Marketing Question. I wouldn't have bought it for 19.99. And yeah i allways loved Lemmings too and was surprised something like that still exists out there
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Postby Iggy AE 81206 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:30 pm

rt wrote:Thanks for sharing your first impression! I'm glad you're enjoying the experience :D We worked on the game for a long time.

I'd be happy to show you some of the multiplayer tricks, i'll be online and hosting a server as much as possible tomorrow and over the weekend.

Marketing question: Would you have taken the chance and bought the game if it were selling at $19.99?

I have a two-pronged answer for that question. I work a job that is at the begining of it's slow season, and money is quite tight right now. For that reason, I would have waited at $19.99 until funds became more available. Had I seen it available for that price during the busy season, yeah, I probably would have jumped on it. After all, I paid that much for "Elf Bowling: Hawaiian Vacation" a couple of years ago. I tend to only buy games I believe I will enjoy over the long haul(no matter the price). I got it through Steam(my fiance' bought it for me)... and I'm telling my friends about it on the other gaming sites that I am on.
Iggy AE 81206
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Iggy AE 81206 wrote:I tend to only buy games I believe I will enjoy over the long haul(no matter the price). I got it through Steam(my fiance' bought it for me)... and I'm telling my friends about it on the other gaming sites that I am on.

Awesome. The more people playing multiplayer the better 8-) Thanks!
rt
Developer

Postby Warskull » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:40 am

$9.99 seems to be a real sweet spot for impulse buys. At $9.99 I was willing to take a chance, at $19.99 I would have been much more hesitant and probably wouldn't purchase it unless I heard something elsewhere indicating it was a really good game.
Warskull
Clones Newbie

Postby magu121 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:08 am

Hey, lets play online some time, I'm still learning how to play it too =DD
magu121
Clones Newbie

Postby Nemesis » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 pm

rt wrote:Marketing question: Would you have taken the chance and bought the game if it were selling at $19.99?

I have to admit, 1) I was surprised to see the sheer amount of content you guys were offering for $9.99 ($8.99 with Steam), but also 2) since I had hardly heard about the game until it popped up in the Steam store, I would have been far more hesitant to pick it up for $19.99. $9.99 is most definitely an impulse buy, but so far I have not been disappointed!

Some of these levels are a real challenge to get every last QDot...
Nemesis
Clones Newbie

Return to Clones N00bs