Isn't this game just lemmings with mplay mode???

New to Clones? Get your questions answered here.

If release doesn't happen in 2010, shall ya quit watching the project?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 am

Surely quit watching!
No votes
Wanna see the result!
67%
I might not have time for games by that time...
No votes
I'm unsure...?
No votes
This project flattened a long time ago!
33%

Total votes : 3

Isn't this game just lemmings with mplay mode???

Postby Yura87 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 am

[quote=wikipedia]Clones is an upcoming game[/quote] Something hints me that the entire game is a beta-forever as it has too much planned (especially for a small team)... :( How come some fat quarter-mind controls an army of two-cell litter-morphs and combats other such bullet-up quarter-minds? And why give a mplay mode to Lemmings? It's not a MP game, so wouldn't ya better shut the wock up and not waste people's money on this go-go-banana project?
Yura87
Clones Newbie

gamez

Postby rt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:38 pm

Yura87 wrote:Something hints me that the entire game is a beta-forever as it has too much planned (especially for a small team)... :( How come some fat quarter-mind controls an army of two-cell litter-morphs and combats other such bullet-up quarter-minds? And why give a mplay mode to Lemmings? It's not a MP game, so wouldn't ya better shut the wock up and not waste people's money on this go-go-banana project?

Isn't Unreal just Wolfenstein with higher ceilings? It has been a long beta but the playable demo is now out and the full release will be following THIS summer. You're right that Lemmings is not a MP game, but Clones is. We've added morphs, interactive objects, and new game modes specifically for multiplayer use. Yes, we have no bananas.
rt
Developer

Re: gamez

Postby Shaunus4 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Yura87 wrote:You're right that Lemmings is not a MP game, but Clones is.

Actually, he's not right. Lemmings Amiga had a splitscreen multiplayer mode that was AWESOME!! It was while I was looking for an emulator to let my father and I play that on our PCs that I came across Clones. Love it, but I will never let the wonderful memories of multiplayer Lemmings be forgotten! ;)
Shaunus4
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Shaunus4 wrote:I will never let the wonderful memories of multiplayer Lemmings be forgotten! ;)

The driving force behind clones was to try and emulate the fun of 2-player Lemmings for the SNES :P For me, it's a great success.
rt
Developer

Re: Isn't this game just lemmings with mplay mode???

Postby Shaunus4 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Totally agree :)
Shaunus4
Clones Newbie

Postby Iggy AE 81206 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Shaunus4 wrote:
Yura87 wrote:You're right that Lemmings is not a MP game, but Clones is.

Actually, he's not right. Lemmings Amiga had a splitscreen multiplayer mode that was AWESOME!! It was while I was looking for an emulator to let my father and I play that on our PCs that I came across Clones. Love it, but I will never let the wonderful memories of multiplayer Lemmings be forgotten! ;)

Really? I still have Amiga computers, and have Lemmings and Lemmings II- Tribes, I'll have to go dig those out and see if I can find that. Thanks for the tip!
Iggy AE 81206
Clones Newbie

Return to Clones N00bs