New Trap/Object Concepts Brainstorm

Share level design tips, problems, and solutions

Re: New Trap/Object Concepts Brainstorm

Postby rt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 pm

CCX wrote:"god clone/super mold" option implies the ability to build even while in the middle of falling; that might indeed be too powerful and weird.

That would be weird :) When i say "super mold" i mean a clone that can CONTINUE to Mold even if there is no land under it. This would surely have an impact on gameplay, but i'm not sure yet if it's a positive one. Having it as a server option, like double speed, is the best was to try it out without affecting the default game experience.

minimac wrote:How about the addition of some one-way terrain?

As Tom said, we thought about this way back during early development but we didn't feel it was particularly important at the time. CCX gave some great examples of workarounds that would serve the same purpose in Clones. What do you think of the "no morph zone" concept? This could almost be done in the current version by setting a proxy trap to "multi trigger" and it's action would be to activate an action pickup with "force" mode to make the clone Walk. The clone would still perform the user-assigned morph but only for 1 game tick before being forced back to a walker.
rt
Developer

Postby cpunks » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm

I think there needs to be a fail-safe though, that would still waste the mold correct? If you have limited molds on a map it be annoying to accidently waste something like that.
cpunks
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm

cpunks wrote:I think there needs to be a fail-safe though, that would still waste the mold correct? If you have limited molds on a map it be annoying to accidently waste something like that.

Yeah, it would still cost a Mold using the arrangement of traps i detailed. Probably best to add a new trap, the "no morph zone" trap.
rt
Developer

Previous

Return to Clones Level Designers