N00b mode

Share level design tips, problems, and solutions

N00b mode

Postby rt » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:40 pm

During a match with Simon in which we were playing like n00bs i suggested a "n00b mode" for Corral The Clone in which lowest score (or lowest steal?) would be the condition for winning.

So the goal of the mode would be to defend your own exit so that minimum clones can get in, while also filling up other exits with as many clones as possible. I like the concept, any thoughts or extensions?
rt
Developer

Re: N00b mode

Postby Kirp » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:14 am

I'm not sure, but it kind of sounds like in a 1v1 of your Noob mode, the only difference from corral the clone would be that the exit is mis-colored. perhaps one of us is just too tired.
Kirp
Clones Player

Postby tom » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:59 am

Yes, on a 1vs1 match, the gameplay strategy would be identical (except you are trying to go into the other group's exit). However, the strategy would change when there are 3 or more groups. In this case, each player would be aggressively defending their own exit and trying to lead their own clones and all other clones into the group's exit with the least number of clones.

I think this mode (or modifier) would be more fun to play on certain levels, and definitely increase the replayability whenever there are 3 or more groups. The only thing that I am concerned about is the confusion that may happen if this mode is enabled and not all players are aware of it. It really needs to be made clear either on the pre-match screen, or during gameplay.
tom
Developer

Postby Gemma » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:43 am

This does sound like it'd be fun when played with more than two groups, though like Tom said it would need to be made clear to all the players when a N00b mode game is starting, to avoid confusion. Depending on the design of the level you play on, I guess it could feel a tiny bit like a tower defense game.
Gemma
Clones Newbie

Return to Clones Level Designers