Question about multiplayer coop

General Clones Discussion

Question about multiplayer coop

Postby Tropico » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:46 am

Hey guys, I just found this game on Steam, I have a question to clarify before I pick it up. Basically: Is it possible for me and 3 other friends of mine to connect through internet into a multiplayer game and all four of us play together cooperating to solve the same map at the same time?

From what I've read I get that an online coop mode is possible, but I can't seem to pin down any specific clarification on the limit of players working coop on the same map, whether it's 2, 4, or whatever.

From Steam I get "Support for up to 16 players in 8 colorful groups." 16 players in 8 groups is 2 players per group, which sounds like only 2 players can work on the same map at the same time, which is why I would like this clarification before buying.

Thanks!
Tropico
Clones Newbie

Re: Question about multiplayer coop

Postby rt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:03 am

Short answer: yes.

You can have up to 16 players controlling the same colour group on most singleplayer puzzles, co-op style. However singleplayer co-op is limited to LAN connections, so for your situation you would need to set up a VPN to simulate a LAN over the internet. Here is some software that is commonly used for this purpose:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi_(software)

Here is another thread with some info:
clonemaster-pilgrimage-help-singleplayer-f16/mode-t213.html

Currently the co-op mode requires that each player rejoin the server for each puzzle, but once you are in the puzzle you can restart it and load checkpoints without affecting the other players connection. We'd like to smooth this process a bit in a future update.

What we refer to as "multiplayer co-op" is when you are playing a competitive multiplayer match with multiple players on each group, so that everyone has both teammates and enemies.
rt
Developer

Re: Question about multiplayer coop

Postby Tropico » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Ok very cool, thanks for the clarification. I'll look into setting us up with Hamachi then.
Tropico
Clones Newbie

Return to Clones Discussion