Pausing the Game

General Clones Discussion

Pausing the Game

Postby NovaClaft » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 am

Alright, I've found a bug.

Namely, if I press P to (un)pause the game, it has a timer of about 2 seconds or so before I can pause it again. Yet if I just click on pause, there is no timer.

Can this be fixed, or is this intended?
NovaClaft
Clones Player

Re: Pausing the Game

Postby rt » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:16 pm

NovaClaft wrote:Alright, I've found a bug.

Namely, if I press P to (un)pause the game, it has a timer of about 2 seconds or so before I can pause it again. Yet if I just click on pause, there is no timer.

Can this be fixed, or is this intended?

This was a bug in 1.00, but should be working in 1.01 once the patch is installed. If you click the pause button or press pause on the keyboard there should be a 2 second wait before you can pause again. This is to prevent pause-hacking of the puzzles in singleplayer.
rt
Developer

Postby NovaClaft » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:04 am

Although that timer can make some singleplayer puzzles extremely difficult, if not impossible. But I trust that you have thought about it all. Very well!
NovaClaft
Clones Player

Postby rt » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 am

NovaClaft wrote:Although that timer can make some singleplayer puzzles extremely difficult, if not impossible. But I trust that you have thought about it all. Very well!

Yes, none of the puzzles require that you need to pause the game to solve them. Timing isn't the issue in the majority of the singleplayer levels but rather figuring out which morphs to use in the correct order.
rt
Developer

Return to Clones Discussion