Great Game

General Clones Discussion

Great Game

Postby Booj » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:24 am

I finally beat this game after owning it almost 2 years. (Well, I won Wattson's final level and got first place on the scoreboard. I still haven't beaten every single puzzle.) This is one of my all time favorite games. Thanks to the developers for making such an awesome game. Now if only the multiplayer community was more active. :upset:
Booj
Clones Newbie

Re: Great Game

Postby tom » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Good job on Watson's final level, the best score ever! I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Can you tell me the things you best liked about it?

Ya, I also wish the multiplayer was more active. The best way to have a mulitplayer game is by inviting your friends to join you.
tom
Developer

Postby rt » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Booj wrote:I finally beat this game after owning it almost 2 years. (Well, I won Wattson's final level and got first place on the scoreboard. I still haven't beaten every single puzzle.) This is one of my all time favorite games. Thanks to the developers for making such an awesome game. Now if only the multiplayer community was more active. :upset:

Congrats, and thanks! 8-)

What did you think of Wattson's battle? If you've beaten Beatall's final battle i'd like to hear what you thought of that one too.

To help with multiplayer start a server and wait around, if other players are in singleplayer puzzles they will get a message that a new server has started and can click to join. Tom's idea to invite friends is good... try it out at a LAN party - it's well suited to team competition.
rt
Developer

Postby Booj » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Wattson's final level was interesting, I liked the sabotage twist. I figured out exactly how I wanted to solve it in about three tries, but it took me quite a few more tries to get the timing down.

I did beat Beatall's final level. (Unless there was a secret final level. Which I'm guessing is the case.) The hardest part was figuring out to click out the black boxes. I thought it actually wasn't too difficult, but I only beat it on easy and didn't get all the Qdots.

I liked the game so much because I enjoy problem solving. (I hope to major in engineering.) I have tried to get people to play the multiplayer, but the game appeals to a niche audience. Everyone I introduced it to gets frustrated very fast.
Booj
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Yes Wattson's battle has some tight timing in the intended solution. There is no extra Beatall battle but getting all the Qdots is always the most challenging for any map - the "Hard" battle level is the near-best playthrough that we could perform :)

If you haven't already checked out the user puzzle packs i would recommend Haymanizer's first pack - i found it really fun and challenging, especially the new Quantum Loop puzzles! (Order of operations)
rt
Developer

Postby rt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm

I also think my puzzle pack is worth trying 8-)
rt
Developer

Postby pen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Is this the same rt as the person who has just suggested kicking me out when I tried to join a multiplayer game? If so how does that encourage people to play? :x
pen
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Sorry Pen :oops: We were having a tournament last night with prizes for the winners so those matches had to be 1 vs 1. Next time i'll make sure they set the "Public" option off so that tournament games won't be broadcast to the internet.
rt
Developer

Postby JamieHow » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Wow, It took me 11 months to complete the single player game. So I feel luckier here. Excellent game and a lot of fun and excitement here. loving it.
JamieHow
Clones Newbie

Return to Clones Discussion