Clones Release and other questions

General Clones Discussion

Clones Release and other questions

Postby dsmithwr » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:08 pm

This game looks good when will it be released. Late summer is now. Also I see nothing about the capabilities of the clones. What does each type of clone do? I would also like to be beta tester.
dsmithwr
Clones Newbie

Re: Clones Release and other questions

Postby tom » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:03 pm

FYI, release date has been pushed back until to early 2009. This was done because it took longer than expected to secure production funding. However, the good news it that we now have the green light so we are busy finishing off the rest of the game.

The complete list of clone morphs have not yet been published on the site, but you can view the wallpapers to get a teaser of some of the morphs that are available.

We will be soon publishing the 'Clones League Guide' as well as the 'Clones Level Editor Manual' so stay tuned. When the time's right, we will be seeking beta testers, but not at this time.

The game is shaping up really well, and we are very exciting to release it :)
tom
Developer

Postby dsmithwr » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:43 pm

I've not seen any updates to the forums. everything going as planned for early 09 release?
dsmithwr
Clones Newbie

Postby tom » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:07 am

Yes! Everything is basically going as planned and we are aiming to have a playable demo released by the end of January or beginning of February '09. The gaming is shaping up really well. Keep an eye out for some screenshots of some cool level designs that we will be posting in the forums in the next few days. ;)
tom
Developer

Postby tom » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:23 pm

You can checkout some screenshots that I posted in the Clones Level Editor Guide. :D
tom
Developer

very nice, but the Mac situation

Postby swimmingman » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:58 pm

so is this game going to have a mac version because that would be pretty sweet
swimmingman
Clones Newbie

Postby tom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Ahh...the Mac :) I know there's a lot of Mac fans out there and we want to make you happy! Most likely we will add support for the Mac, but after the release on Windows.
tom
Developer

Postby ZeppMan217 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Not to post new topic I decided to ask here. Any updates on the current situation with Clones?
City 217 citizen. Liar.
"We do what we must because we can"
ZeppMan217
Clones Newbie

Postby tom » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 pm

Ya, we have some updates :) As you probably aware, we were at the GDC in San Francisco and we had a lot of people play the game for the first time and we also received nothing but positive feedback! The plan is to release a demo soon, and we have all the levels for the demo ready for testing. The demo will go out to some beta tester first before being directly available for download.

We are still working on creating more levels and puzzles to include in the final (full) version of the game as we want to ensure a very satisfying and complete single player experience. This is taking a lot of time....

Our 3d animator is busy with making animated cutscenes at the moment...it's looking really cool! Maybe I'll post one of these scenes on the site when we get the sound effects added to the video.....
tom
Developer

Postby ZeppMan217 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:08 am

OOh! I'm so excited! Maybe you could also share some photos or even videos from GDC?
City 217 citizen. Liar.
"We do what we must because we can"
ZeppMan217
Clones Newbie

Next

Return to Clones Discussion