I can't wait!

General Clones Discussion

Re: I can't wait!

Postby namida » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:40 am

Wow. I was one of the first players of this game, back when it was simply a Lemmings copy (I even remember it having a Lemmings level editor built into it!) and loving the online play! Never thought it'd go commercial like this, but I'll be getting it!
namida
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:14 pm

namida wrote:Wow. I was one of the first players of this game, back when it was simply a Lemmings copy (I even remember it having a Lemmings level editor built into it!) and loving the online play! Never thought it'd go commercial like this, but I'll be getting it!

Yes the online play drew a humble cult following and we are very mindful that the multiplayer experience will be a key feature for this game. The whole singleplayer campaign is basically designed to teach you the skills needed for online play, which has a very different feel. Although we hope that some of the tougher singleplayer levels will be challenging enough for you puzzle fans :)
rt
Developer

Postby namida » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:54 am

I definately do hope that's the case, and also that the map editor will support making single-player levels as well, which is half the fun of Lemmings. Sure, multiplayer is good, but one of the biggest mistakes a developer can make is neglecting single-player and focusing TOO much on multiplayer.
namida
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:41 am

namida wrote:I definately do hope that's the case, and also that the map editor will support making single-player levels as well, which is half the fun of Lemmings. Sure, multiplayer is good, but one of the biggest mistakes a developer can make is neglecting single-player and focusing TOO much on multiplayer.

Yep, you be able to create both singleplayer and multiplayer levels in the editor and easily package them to upload to the website where other players can download them. I am really looking forward to seeing some fan-created levels!
rt
Developer

Previous

Return to Clones Discussion