Any chance to register my copy of Clones on Steam?

General Clones Discussion

Any chance to register my copy of Clones on Steam?

Postby gyokzoli » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:57 am

So I bought this game on GetGames today, but then I found out that it has achievements and cloud support on Steam. Any chance I can register my copy on Steam?
gyokzoli
Clones Newbie

Re: Any chance to register my copy of Clones on Steam?

Postby rt » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:34 pm

I am sorry, a purchase from one distributor is not transferable to another. Since you have a CloneStats account we can email you the next time that Steam runs a sale so that if you still want those achievements then you can at least get them for a discount. Thank you for supporting Clones, i hope you enjoy the game.
rt
Developer

Postby gyokzoli » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 am

Thank you for the answer. I do plan to buy the game next time Steam discounts it.
I had some fun with it in spite of that Lemmings was not my kind of game.

I do have an other question though, do the game save my progression online? If I install it on an other machine will I be able to continue where I left the game on the old computer?
gyokzoli
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 pm

gyokzoli wrote:I do have an other question though, do the game save my progression online? If I install it on an other machine will I be able to continue where I left the game on the old computer?

We do not store your progress online. Your progress is stored on your computer in a player profile located:
My Documents\Clones\Profiles

There is an XML file and a folder with the username you entered. In the Steam version this info is copied to the Cloud and auto-downloaded to each computer to play on. You can do this manually in the non-Steam build by emailing the data to yourself or copying it to a USB drive in order to carry your progress across different computers.
rt
Developer

Return to Clones Discussion