Tutorial Required to play?

Tips to help advance your journey as a CloneMaster

Tutorial Required to play?

Postby James » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 am

When I started on the pilgrimage it felt okay but after the first 4-5 levels of just tutorial work it seemed like it was getting dragged out. Perhaps there should be an 'okay let me get to the action' aka skip button. That was just my feelings of it.
James
Clones Newbie

Re: Tutorial Required to play?

Postby rt » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Good point. We wanted to create a level for each morph to teach newcomers to the genre how each morph can be used by itself. We tried to add some challenge for advanced players by adding hard to reach Qdots in some of those early levels.

In the demo we condensed the 10 morph tutorials into just 2 levels (not included in the full game), try out the demo and let us know what you think of the pacing and learning curve there. Perhaps some adjustments can be made.
rt
Developer

Postby TrickyNick » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Sorry to necro an old post, but I liked the Demo Tutorial so much better. It wasn't so dragged out.
TrickyNick
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 pm

The demo is certainly more concise, we created those levels after the main game levels and were able to distill out the essentials. Have you tried using the editor? Perhaps you can create an efficient tutorial level or two and upload it as a pack.
rt
Developer

Return to CloneMaster Pilgrimage Help (Singleplayer)