Need help on bones!

Tips to help advance your journey as a CloneMaster

Need help on bones!

Postby vidius » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Hey, if any one has a spare moment and would like to share a winning strategy for the level bones, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have finished all the other levels in roast ed's world, but I just can't seem to get this on.

So far I am letting a few clones go ahead to scout out the hard to get to QDOTS on the left hand side of the map, and to tunnel down to the frozen dark clone at the bottom of the map, then I try to get a series of gulps running to allow the big clone into the lower chamber, but no matter how hard I try it just doesn't seem to work. Is my strategy wrong, or am I just not trying hard enough?

thanks heaps in advance!
-sincerely, Vidius
vidius
Clones Newbie

Re: Need help on bones!

Postby CCX » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. What exactly is not working when you try to gulp a tall enough tunnel for the large clone? 2-3 gulps should make the tunnel tall enough for the large clone.

If you are running out of gulps, try ignoring the frozen dark clone at the bottom. I did not need it when I solved the level and I'm not sure how much it'd help anyway. Also note that you can change gulp directions of any clones that are already gulping, and doing so will not cost you another gulp.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby vidius » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:19 am

CCX wrote: Also note that you can change gulp directions of any clones that are already gulping, and doing so will not cost you another gulp.

You can?!?!

I had no idea!

this should make the level much easier to manage. Thank you so much!
vidius
Clones Newbie

Postby iceburn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 pm

CCX wrote: Also note that you can change gulp directions of any clones that are already gulping, and doing so will not cost you another gulp.

How do you do this?
iceburn
Clones Newbie

Postby DjinnGuru » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 pm

How do you do this?

Once you are gulping up or down, just do the opposite direction. So for example if I am gulping up and then i hit the down gulp hotkey my clone changes gulp direction but it doesn't cost a morph. You can do that repeatedly up, down, up, down as long you don't leave gulp somehow.
>>>DjinnGuru<<<
DjinnGuru
Clones Player

Postby iceburn » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

ahh..ok. i've been doing that but never noticed that it didn't use a gulp.

thanks for clarifying.
iceburn
Clones Newbie

Postby CCX » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:24 pm

To be clear, I don't believe it's necessary to take advantage of this gulp morph-count handling in order to solve this level even with all QDots. 2 gulps is actually enough to make a tunnel tall enough for the large clone to fit through.
CCX
Clones Junior

Return to CloneMaster Pilgrimage Help (Singleplayer)