molder level

Tips to help advance your journey as a CloneMaster

molder level

Postby Pontifex » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Can you make your clones turn around or is the only way to make them turn is to have them hit a wall or something?

I can't figure out how to get all the QTOD things on this level and have enough to rescue the orange clone.
Pontifex
Clones Newbie

Re: molder level

Postby rt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Pontifex wrote:Can you make your clones turn around or is the only way to make them turn is to have them hit a wall or something?

I can't figure out how to get all the QTOD things on this level and have enough to rescue the orange clone.

The best way to turn a clone around is to Mold while they are in a horizontal tunnel, e.g. a Clob tunnel. The clone will hit their head and turn around.

Try to isolate one clone from the pack and have it collect the QDOTS :)
rt
Developer

Postby DjinnGuru » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Aside from light clones which you can control movement of directly, you do need to use
what morphs you have on the level creatively. A wall is one way, but you can create a
turnaround by gulping a down ramp and stopping when you are deep enough that it will
turn you when you hit. Or you can drill down until you are stuck then go into walk mode
for a sec before using the directional keys to face the right way and gulp up out of the
hole you dug.
>>>DjinnGuru<<<
DjinnGuru
Clones Player

Postby Pontifex » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:45 pm

DjinnGuru wrote:Aside from light clones which you can control movement of directly, you do need to use
what morphs you have on the level creatively. A wall is one way, but you can create a
turnaround by gulping a down ramp and stopping when you are deep enough that it will
turn you when you hit. Or you can drill down until you are stuck then go into walk mode
for a sec before using the directional keys to face the right way and gulp up out of the
hole you dug.

the problem with this is that on this level the only clone i have is the molder clone.
Pontifex
Clones Newbie

Postby Pontifex » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:46 pm

rt wrote:
Pontifex wrote:Can you make your clones turn around or is the only way to make them turn is to have them hit a wall or something?

The best way to turn a clone around is to Mold while they are in a horizontal tunnel, e.g. a Clob tunnel.

Try to isolate one clone from the pack and have it collect the QDOTS :)

Thats what I tried to do but I run out of "molds." guess I just have to keep trying.
Pontifex
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Pontifex wrote:Thats what I tried to do but I run out of "molds." guess I just have to keep trying.

Each time you issue Mold the clone will lay down 13 blocks. But you can issue Mold while the clone is already Molding but it costs another morph each time. To get the most distance, only issue Mold when the clone is nearly out of blocks, you can tell because the blocks get darker in color as the clone runs out.
rt
Developer

Postby Pontifex » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:09 pm

rt wrote:
Pontifex wrote:Thats what I tried to do but I run out of "molds." guess I just have to keep trying.

Each time you issue Mold the clone will lay down 13 blocks. But you can issue Mold while the clone is already Molding but it costs another morph each time. To get the most distance, only issue Mold when the clone is nearly out of blocks, you can tell because the blocks get darker in color as the clone runs out.

I figured out how to get the QDOTS and i did notice your tip there while playing.

now i'm stuck on the first Atomizer level. I figured out how to get all of the QDOTS but then I can't exit the level. The problem I'm having is the lower section with the QDOTS. The fall distance is too far and the only thing I can think to do is atomize them so they lessen the fall distance, but then that uses too many clones and I don't have enough to make a mound to reach the exit.

you guys sure made these levels tough!
Pontifex
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Pontifex wrote:you guys sure made these levels tough!

It's only tough if you want to grab all Qdots for 100% completion :) Later on the Qdots are much easier but the puzzles themselves get more difficult.
rt
Developer

Postby Pontifex » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:14 pm

rt wrote:
Pontifex wrote:you guys sure made these levels tough!

It's only tough if you want to grab all Qdots for 100% completion :) Later on the Qdots are much easier but the puzzles themselves get more difficult.

true...

but i want ALL the QDOTS, lol!
Pontifex
Clones Newbie

Postby Pandaroc » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:59 pm

I hate that Level... perhaps ill give it a try the next days as i am more aware of level tweaks and handling the clones. The first time i tried this level it was on my first day and i really don't know how to get the 3 qdots high up with so less molds. But i think ill try to figure it out anytime.

Edit: Ok i couldn't stand it and wasted about 2 hours now in this level... placed every stair possible...looked every way.. used different stair placement (when you wait a little after one finish the stair you can reach the next stair further) but i dont get it. I mean i know how to reach the qdots, i can finish the level with 16 or 15 morphs or so as i counted through my options [don't remember straight after 2 hours :cry: ] but i don't get it how to do it in 14 morphs.
You can reach the 3 qdots on the floating rock from the left using 4 stairs to reach the teleporter platform i.e. from there you can get to the 3floating with 4 stairs beneath the black hole. You can also put stairs above the black hole, but think it were 8 stairs all together too. So i f you get to the q dots from the left you cant reach the teleporter from this point. you have to connect the teleporter pad from the right. this uses about 4 stairs + the stairs from the start makes more than 14.
If you want to reach the 3floating from the right you'll need at least i think it were 9 stairs. leaving you with just 5 for the rest of the level.
Man this is so frustrating...

I hope the record isn't from any old version of that level....
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Next

Return to CloneMaster Pilgrimage Help (Singleplayer)