molder level

Tips to help advance your journey as a CloneMaster

Re: molder level

Postby CCX » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Pandaroc wrote:but i don't get it how to do it ["Mold Control"] in 14 morphs. [...] I hope the record isn't from any old version of that level....

Sorry to disappoint you, that record works on the current version of the level, in fact I just tweaked it a day or two ago execution-wise to slightly improved the time.

General advice, sometimes it helps to move on to some other levels and revisit the level later some other day. You might learn something new from later levels, or it might just help you get past some mental blocks (incorrect conclusions, new idea you missed earlier, etc.).

Anyway, for the 14-morph solution (spoilers below):

I approached the top 3 qdots molding from the left, not at the platform with the beaming pad (what you called "teleporter"), but basically at the platform left of it. The idea is to mold the path to the qdots such that only the molder travels through that path, while the rest of the clones won't get on that path, instead going underneath and reach the beaming pad. I used 6 molds, going above the black hole, to get to the qdots. It may sound inefficient (and who knows, maybe there's a better way I missed), but is the only viable way I found thus far in which no one else will get on the diversionary path to the qdots at the top.

So the breakdown is 7 molds to set up the path to the beaming pad, 6 to reach the top qdots. The 1 mold left is needed to create the setup such that the 6-mold path to the qdots is isolated from the main path to the beaming pad, as explained above.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby Pandaroc » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Yeah i checked the way from the left pad too just buildinh above the black hole. And yeah i moved on to some other Levels. Normally ill get better ideas later :D.

Yeah and finally i got the idea... im capable of doing it with 14 molds...doh. Just forgot a tricky move with the stairs. But the Time... Hell. I just must have another idea... because my orange clone arrives at 3:15 the earliest running the straight way -_-. I think i know where i lost that but dont know how to change it ..darn *g*
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Postby Pandaroc » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Wohoooo........3:07.... I am Happy :D
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Postby rt » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Pandaroc wrote:Wohoooo........3:07.... I am Happy :D

Nice work! 8-)
rt
Developer

Postby Pandaroc » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Yeah ...just 5 hundreds of a second to ccx. something like 3:07:200 to 3:06:700 .... Perhaps ill take a look into stair placement if i am feeling like i want to see that level again. But after 3-4 hours today just molding stairs i feel a bit uneasy about any stair that crosses my way 8-)
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Postby Pontifex » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:18 pm

I kind of wish the QDOTs weren't in the game because it's frustrating me to no end trying to get them and i think some are impossible, like on the first doppel level. there is a ledge and to the right of the ledge there is a black hole.

after the black hole there is a QDOT. there is no way to bypass the black hole with just the doppels...
Pontifex
Clones Newbie

Postby CCX » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:07 am

Try thinking of the QDots as things like coins in Mario. You don't need to collect a single coin to win the game, but it adds to the fun. At the same time you shouldn't feel compelled to collect as many coins as possible unless you really want to challenge yourself.

I know it's hard for some people, but you may find more success if you move on to other levels, then go back and revisit an earlier level again to try to get more QDots. The QDots (plus the unlockable items and the ranking system) are there partly to increase replayability after all. When revisiting a level later, you may see something you missed the first time around.

As for your QDot problem at the doppel level (hint/spoiler):

Obviously you won't be able to walk past the black hole, so instead find a totally different path to the QDot. Look up......

More generally, in many levels some of the QDots may not fall along the main path to winning the level; you'll have to get some clones to do additional "side trips" to reach them, even if it may mean sacrificing those clones.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby Pandaroc » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:37 am

Do you mean Doppel Duty?

As CCX wrote if you see a qdot take a look how it can be reached. From the left, right, up or down? are there more than one way? which one is the fastest with the least morphs... That are questions you should start to think about. But if you meant Doppel Duty here the hint:

spoiler(highlight to read) wrote:The last Clone coming from your start has to turn around and fall into that qdot. You just have to sacrifice one for it.
Pandaroc
Clones Player

Previous

Return to CloneMaster Pilgrimage Help (Singleplayer)