March 26th Multiplayer Jam

How to host a game and locate others

March 26th Multiplayer Jam

Postby rt » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 am

The Jam last weekend was so much fun we are doing it again this Saturday March 26th 8-) This time we are going to try to concentrate around 2 times: noon (CST) and 8pm (CST). At either (or both) of these times simply start a server and wait for players to join, or join an existing server and Clone until you can't Clone no more.

If you plan to host matches then port forward 9877 UDP. This is not necessary but it will improve the chances that other players can connect without any problems. For more details read this: http://clonesgame.com/port-forward
rt
Developer

Re: March 26th Multiplayer Jam

Postby LittleBrother42 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Great! I haven't been able to make any of the other multiplayer jams, but I'll make sure I'm here for this one! Having never played online before I'll probably suck, but that's part of the fun! :lol: I'm in England, so it'll have to be the earlier one, which is about 6pm here (the later one's 2am here - tempting... but I'd better get some sleep!).
LittleBrother42
Clones Newbie

Postby CCX » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Cool. Well, I guess I still won't be able to chat (...although maybe I can find a different machine...), but that hasn't stopped me from oozing whiffs of my newbie-ness every which way on my last matches. :P If I make the time I'll also try to bypass my wireless router this time, hopefully no more dropped connections.
CCX
Clones Junior

Postby MitchellW » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:43 pm

LittleBrother42 wrote:Great! I haven't been able to make any of the other multiplayer jams, but I'll make sure I'm here for this one! Having never played online before I'll probably suck, but that's part of the fun! :lol: I'm in England, so it'll have to be the earlier one, which is about 6pm here (the later one's 2am here - tempting... but I'd better get some sleep!).

Last jam was my first time, and I am really bad too! I'm sure we can make a good match. Since I'm in Japan, the first time works better for me as well :-D
MitchellW
Clones Player

Postby MitchellW » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:23 am

Ah, just remembered, I am out of town that day. Oops. Will have to get in there next time!
MitchellW
Clones Player

Postby rt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:31 pm

MitchellW wrote:Ah, just remembered, I am out of town that day. Oops. Will have to get in there next time!

Cellular internet + Laptop = Clones anywhere on earth :D
rt
Developer

Postby MitchellW » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:01 pm

If only I were so lucky. When traveling, I prefer to just use my ipod with an audiobook :-D A little more portable than my laptop.

I'll be gone all day too (in Japan, they are a little more willing to ask you to travel 3 hours each way to work when you are a dispatch teacher)
MitchellW
Clones Player

Postby DjinnGuru » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey all!
The 8pm is better for me, but I'll try to show up for both.
:evil: Djinn

ps- are you breaking out any new maps for this one?
>>>DjinnGuru<<<
DjinnGuru
Clones Player

Postby tom » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 pm

I'll be able to play at 8pm (01:00 GMT on the 27th). Looking forward to improving my multiplayer rank :)
tom
Developer

Postby rt » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:20 pm

DjinnGuru wrote:ps- are you breaking out any new maps for this one?

The new Jam Pack should be out by then, 5 awesome new maps, one of them a Capture The Clone map. I've been playing some LBP2 lately and am thinking of how to create some minigame style levels in Clones.
rt
Developer

Next

Return to CloneMaster League Play (Multiplayer)