Demo x Full Game on Multiplayer

How to host a game and locate others

Demo x Full Game on Multiplayer

Postby Vittor » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:09 am

Hi there, last night I tried the demo and then I bought the game.

Right now I have both installed on my steam. Now I want to persuade some of my friends into buying the game by playing multiplayer with them online.

I noticed that if I lauch the Demo I can find games created by people who own the full game.

What is the limitations of the demo Multiplayer? Can the Demo join any non-demo match? Should I use my Demo to play my friends who got the Demo? If I can host them a match using my full game, can they join any stage I create or must I choose a stage the demo is allowed to play?

So tell me, what can I do and what I can't do playing de Demo x Full Game please. :D
Vittor
Clones Newbie

Re: Demo x Full Game on Multiplayer

Postby tom » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:20 pm

If you bought the full version, then you should always use that version. With the full version you can connect to any servers - demo or full (as long as it's the same game version number). Demo players can join servers running the full version as long as the full version is playing a level that is available in the demo. So it's important to know which multiplayer levels these are. Here is the list:

Beach, Cage, Split, and Octoverse

If you switch to a multiplayer level that isn't in the demo, then all connected demo players will be disconnected (which isn't very nice). Unfortunately, there isn't a way for the server to determine if the player is running the demo or not (other than asking via in-game chat), but we plan to add this feature in the next update.
tom
Developer

Postby Vittor » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks for the answer.

And this was very nice of you to allow people play multiplayer on demo.
You guys have done a great job on this game.
Vittor
Clones Newbie

Postby rt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Vittor wrote:And this was very nice of you to allow people play multiplayer on demo.
You guys have done a great job on this game.

Thanks! I like the clone avatar you made, looks good 8-)
rt
Developer

Return to CloneMaster League Play (Multiplayer)